Thursday, January 15, 2009

Peru - Puno

Puno is a city on the shore of Lake Titicaca, and is about a one hour ride by minibus from/to the Juliaca airport. Here is a suggestion: the minibus stops to pick up local customers at a few places in Puno and drop them on the way, so it is better to ask the minibus to come to your hostel to pick you up 3 hours before your flight departs. Puno is at 3,800m altitude, which is higher than Cusco (also spelled Cuzco). The weather is warm in the afternoon, but changes to very cool at night. The altitude headache still had a tight grip on me.

After the train returned from Machu Picchu, I found I had lost my departure card. A staff person in Cusco airport told me to get a new one in the Lima airport. When we walked down a street in Puno, Steve saw an Immigration office near the Plaza de Armas. We went in to ask about it, the staff checked something on the computer and filled out a paper for me. She told me to go to pay S/8 at a bank down the street, and then come back again. We paid and took the receipt back to her. I needed to fill out a form, which was the same one as when we entered Peru. The staff recorded my info in a computer. She told me to go to photocopy my passport (she knows little English and was afraid I did not understand her instruction, so she showed me another person’s passport copy) at a shop opposite the Immigration office, and then come back again. We took the photocopy back there, and finally I got a new departure card.

我们坐小巴士约一小时从Juliaca机场到靠近Titicaca湖岸线的Puno市。这里有一建议: 小巴士会在Puno某处等载当地乘客然后沿途放下他们,所以最好在你起飞时间的3小时前要小巴士来旅店接你。PunoCuscoCuzco)更高每拔,在3,800米。下午还暖暖的,晚上却很冷。高原头痛症又死不放过我。

我在Machu Picchu乘回程火车后发现我的出境卡不见了,Cusco机场职员告诉我到Lima机场时处理。当我们走在Puno某街时,Steve看到immigration办公室,我们就进去探问,该职员在电脑查看之后,填写了一张纸,要我们拿着这纸到街尾的银行付款S/8,然后倒回。付款后拿着收据回去,我须重新填写如入境Peru时的表格。该职员在电脑记录了后,要我到对面的店复印我的护照(她只懂少许的英语,怕我不明白,拿别人的护照复印指示我如何做),然后倒回。复印后回去,终於重做好出境卡。

No comments: